Thanksgiving has come and gone and since I helped my mom with dinner this year, I thought I would share a couple of my favorite dishes I made from the night.
Besides the wonderful turkey that we are all so accustomed to on Thanksgiving, I decided to make a ham! Something that my family has never made before and it was actually my favorite dish from the night! It is SO easy and incredibly yummy - even for leftovers!
- 1 (12-pound) shankless skinless smoked cured ham
- Whole cloves for studding ham (I actually thought this meant garlic cloves until I realized its a different spice altogether! They are a MUST - expensive but worth it!)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
See full recipe at The Food Network
Don't forget to make fresh cranberry sauce with your turkey and ham (that canned stuff is awful!) - bring to a simmer 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water and 500g of cranberries - cook for 10 minutes and voila - you're done :)
Another one of my favorite dishes were the Bourbon Sweet potatoes <full recipe here
The ingredients include:
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- maple syrup
Yum! They were so sweet and a great healthier substitute to your white potatoes.